Wednesday, January 13, 2010

90 Days - God is really helping me along!

Remember that bible that I couldn't find? Last night I was using my normal bible that I use for BSF and the writing seemed so small for reading. I got tired, I even prayed about the sleepiness, yet I still fell asleep.

Well... today while I started out the day thinking that I would find time to catch up,I go to log on line - Internet was down. I ended up wasting time on my connection. I had a feeling God wanted my attention elsewhere, then later, after many tries, it finally worked. Fast forward a little later... I see the toolbox post.... still not putting the mouse down to go read... then a little later my 4 year old comes up and places the bible right next to me. The same one I thought she had... the one I liked reading. The one that got me excited to read. I think - "OK God, you now have my attention." But I still don't listen... Then my 4 year old put the other bible that I was reading on top of the first. "OK, OK" I will go read. and so I did.
I was thinking that Numbers would be a little boring, I remembered it last year, all the census' I totally didn't remember all the amazing ways it would speak to me today!

How often people grumble and God still doesn't give up. He just keeps placing things in your path. I may not have had the donkey in my path, but he did put the following in mine:
  • A downed Internet connection,
  • A 90 Days Post
  • One bible placed right next to me
  • And another on top!!!!

WOW!!! Thank you Lord!! I needed Numbers today!
Numbers 1:4 - He will assign someone to assist me
Numbers 9:8 - we are to always ask the Lord first
Numbers 9:18 - stay where you are until He moves you
Numbers 9:23 - always do HIS bidding, not your own
Numbers 10 - we are to go about our tasks in an orderly way
Numbers 11:17 - he will ordain others so that our burdens may be lighter
Numbers 11:23 - There is nothing to great that is beyond His reach
Numbers 14:8 - If the Lord is pleased with us, blessings that we cannot even imagine will follow
Numbers 15:40 - we can suffer defeat if we go before God is with us.
Numbers 15 - do not wantonly be led astray by your own desires
Numbers 18:12 - we are always to give our first fruits to him, then the rest will be blessed
Numbers 21:34 - Do not be afraid
Numbers 22:30 - Do not react harshly - look for a deeper reason.

No comments: